We can make your future come together. At Bell Laboratories, we set the standards for innovation and quality products in the rodent control industry. If you're interested in becoming a part of our team, we have excellent opportunities in all phases of the business.
Bell Laboratories, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package with programs that are designed to fit the employee's individual needs.
Benefits at Bell:
- Health Insurance
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Uniforms (if applicable for position)
Different benefit plan packages are offered to employees in different employment classifications such as full-time or part-time positions. Our Human Resources staff can clarify this for you during the employment interview.
Download an employment application or pick one up at our office. Return application/resume to:
Bell Laboratories, Inc.
3699 Kinsman Blvd.
Madison, WI 53704
Email Human Resources
Work site location:
Bell Laboratories, Inc.
6501 N Towne Rd.
Windsor, WI 53598
Current Available Openings:
Excellent attention to detail, manual dexterity, and ability to maintain speed in picking of parts is required. Basic Math skills are required. Flexibility, initiative and teamwork are required. Must be able to follow directions exactly, and be flexible in daily duties. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and standing for 8 hours is required. Some manufacturing experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with routine work, have high standards of correctness and accuracy, and work best in an environment that offers positive direction and structure.
Formulate extruded products following blending and mixing instructions on batch sheets ensuring accuracy of ingredients and meeting production targets. Review batch sheet before formulating to ensure it is correct for the product to be produced and all ingredients are in inventory in adequate quantities. Follow exact blending and mixing instructions. Formulate batches to be completed within the specified time frames. Ensure quality products are being produced by monitoring weights, seals, batch numbers, print clarity, etc. Act as line leader, coordinating the work of packers on the operator’s assigned line. Anticipate packaging and raw material needs in advance to minimize downtime. Attempt to troubleshoot equipment/process problems as they arise. Perform quality checks throughout the shift and pull product samples from each batch.
Auto Assembly Operator
Perform Auto Assembly Machine set-up and troubleshooting as required, and operate the production line in an efficient and productive manner. Anticipate packaging and product needs in advance to prevent downtime. Know daily production standards for the auto assembly machine and work to meet or exceed these standards on a daily basis. Ensure quality products are being produced by monitoring the production process from start to finish. Perform quality checks as required. Assist the production supervisor by acting as a team leader, coordinate the work of the Packer on the operator’s assigned line, and assist with training on the line. Ensure all production paperwork is accurately, neatly and completely filled out. Be familiar with all safety procedures, including required PPE and emergency procedures. Maintain a neat, orderly, and clean work environment throughout the shift for the area.
Perform Triangle/Matrix changeovers, troubleshoot problems and assist with other lines. Know daily production standards and work to meet or exceed these standards on a daily basis. Ensure quality products are being produced by monitoring weights, seals, batch numbers, print clarity, and seal cut and by performing quality checks. Assist the production supervisor by acting as a team leader, coordinating the work of Packers on the operator’s assigned line. Ensure batch sheets and all paperwork are accurately, neatly and completely filled out. Be able to set up and troubleshoot counting conveyors, jet printers, tape machines, and other auxiliary equipment used in the Triangle/Matrix area.
Pull orders. Skids must be properly stacked and wrapped before shipment. Follow all special instruction on picking ticket. Must maintain a minimum of 99% accuracy. Complete all information on domestic picking tickets. Print correct BOL and Pallet tags and ensure all information is accurate/correct. Load trucks. Ensure driver signs for pieces on acceptance of freight. Operate forklift and electric pallet truck. Do performance checks daily. Assist in the receiving of finished goods into stock by doing a physical and visual check looking for damaged products, correct product name, finished goods part number, packaging, and quantity received. Assist in the repacking of all the damaged cartons when possible. Mandatory overtime maybe required to meet shipment deadlines.
Assistant Production Supervisor
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Assistant Production Supervisor ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing/Operations Management, or related field with equivalent experience preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: 5+ years of proven, successful experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of production systems and approaches. Requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, analytical and creative thinking, and ability to follow through. Proficiency with basic word processing and spreadsheet programs is a plus. Ability to occasionally lift and move materials up to 50 pounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the job include but are not limited to:
- Supervise all production personnel, including: Shift Coordinators, Plastic Inspectors, Operators, Formulators, Assembly Inspectors and Packers. This also includes indirect supervision of Receiving, QA, Maintenance and Trainers.
- Ensure efficient daily operation of all manufacturing activities including adherence to manufacturing specifications, output expectations and quality standards.
- Suggest/lead productivity and quality improvements.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct issues and complaints.
- Work collaboratively with Production Manager and Human Resources to manage employee relation issues, and address, document, and resolve employee issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the other Production Supervisor on your shift and provide back up in their absence.
- Write and deliver all performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Responsible for following internal and external hiring procedures.
- Ensure safe working practices, enforce safety rules, and perform/request safety training as needed.
- Notify maintenance of any production/facility issues so they can be addressed promptly.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained at a high level throughout the building(s).
- Maintain departmental supplies, tools, equipment, and order as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as time cards, quality records, line check records, batch sheets, output records, etc.
1st shift, 7:00AM - 3:00PM, Monday - Friday